Since 1952, We’ve Set the Bar for High-Quality Commercial Architectural Products.
In 1952, Mapes Industries was founded with a simple goal: to develop better specialty architectural products. The company started by manufacturing storefront canopies and laminated veneer panels for building entrances and remodeling. These products helped to change the face of commercial construction and set a new level of expectation in quality and service.
From our location in the U.S. heartland, Mapes’ hard work became well-known and the company grew beyond its initial, humble beginnings.
Today we’ve come a long way. In fact, all across the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean, Mapes has become the leading manufacturer of high load aluminum canopies, aluminum walkway covers and sun control louvers. We’re proud of this testament to our dedication to customers in the architecture and construction industries over these decades.
Unsurpassed Innovation & Delivery
Like any industry leader, we’ve seen our share of changes over the years. Advances in both technology and customer needs have inspired us to continue to innovate. It’s working together with customers to solve their project challenges that has always driven us, and still does.
Today, Mapes canopies have truly evolved.
- Our roll-formed and extruded products set the standard for metal canopies and metal awnings.
- All-aluminum construction means canopies do not rust or corrode throughout their lifetime.
- We’ve adapted our pre-engineered products to withstand all types of extreme climates, from high snow drift loading to hurricane-force winds.
- We offer more product choices and customization, with a variety of profiles, shapes and curves.
- We’ve opened up the aesthetic options with an almost unlimited color palette.
- We consistently incorporate new design techniques and refine our processes, always focused on maintaining high quality, stellar service and fast delivery.
Competitors Come and Go. Our Values Stay the Same.
Sure, we’ve had competitors, but year after year, we’ve continued to be the leader of custom and pre-engineered architectural canopy solutions for the commercial construction industry.
We’ve set a high standard, and we’re proud of the value, dependability, durability and unrivaled quality our products are known for. Now under our fourth generation of family-owned leadership, we’re also grateful for the trust our customers have placed in us all these years.
Earning that customer trust by producing a quality product, caring about each customer and project we’re involved with and surpassing expectations was J.S. Mapes’ hallmark and our company’s foundation.
Customer needs evolve. Competitors come and go. But our values will never change.